Motorsportmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Navigation
 Home
 FAQ
 Member List
 Edit User Profile
 Check Messages
 Join ChatBox (New Window)
 Log Out
Forum Navigation
 Home
 Announcements
 General Discussion
 Motorsport Discussion
 Problems/Bugs/Failures
Latest topics
» Xilisoft IPhone Magic Platinum V5.3.1.20120606 Multilanguage
---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 am

» Fiorella Mannoia-Io Che Amo Solo Te Mp3
---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

» God Of War Olympus Movie 2010 DVDRip
---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 am

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread---

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soundwave
Admin
Admin
soundwave

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-21

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- Empty
PostSubject: ---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread---   ---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:47 pm

This thread is locked for now as the season is still some time away. It will become unlocked around one week before the first race is scheduled to start.

All comments of this racing series made elsewhere will be directed here by the mods and myself.
Back to top Go down
soundwave
Admin
Admin
soundwave

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-21

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread---   ---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:07 am

For those unfamiliar with this series, it's basically like a mixture of NASCAR and DTM... or very much like the old V8Star championship in Germany. (What happened to that anyway?) The cars are 'stock' variety, but have wings to aid downforce as it's a track-racing series. Absolutely no ovals here!

There are three competing marques: Chevrolet (Astra), Mitsubishi (Lancer) and Peugeot (307). And there's stunning driving talent on show too... many ex-F1 drivers in fact. Just last year they had Tarso Marques, Luciano Burti, Ricardo Zonta and Antonio Pizzonia. So it's also like DTM in the respect that it's an ex-F1 driver haven. DTM for European drivers, Stockcar for South American.

Here's a pic of a race last season (2008):

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- Brastocklm8
Copyright © Luca Bassani/Vicar

So let's dive straight into the upcoming season:

Agência WE wrote:
Changes for 2009 Season: Business Plan

The business plan of 2009’s season was presented on Wednesday morning on Credicard Hall, in São Paulo. Drivers of the main category of the national race, guests and press were on the event.

The opening was commanded by Reginaldo Leme, broadcaster of TV Globo, which spoke about the importance of the partnership between the channel and Stock Car. The station has an agreement to transmit all the twelve races in 2008 and maintain this partnership in 2009’s season.

Carlos Col, president director of Vicar, Stock Car’s organizer, fortify Reginaldo Leme’s speech and the good investment that Stock Car represents today for the 160 companies that sponsor the teams and drivers. "In the begging there were a total of twenty cars in all categories. Now a day, in Stock Car, Vicar, Stock Jr. and Pick Up Racing, there is more than a hundred cars. Stock Car is a success."

Col added to his words the launch of 2009’s season calendar, informed about the continuity of Corrida do Milhão (the One Million Dollars Race) and also present two other news: the Corrida Verde (Green Race) and the Corrida de Rua (Street Race), that should take place in Salvador (capital of Bahia).

"The One Million Dollars Race had free publicity in newspapers and on television. In printed media, only in the cities of São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, there were one hundred and sixty peaces. On television were thirty seven peaces that discuss the race. This was an outstanding cover and repercussion, which take us to repeat the race on the next year", says Col.

The Green Race, another novelty, will be all about ecological preservation and remission of global warming. This race will take place on the city of Curitiba and will have all the publicity material printed in recycled paper.

The focus of the event, 2009’s season, had a main character: the new car. The driver Ingo Hoffmann was invited to join Carlos Col to reveal the new model to the guests. The car, in black and gold, received the number 17 in honor to Ingo for his contribution in so many years of Stock Car.
Here is a picture of that new Chevrolet Astra:

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread--- 2009astramv0
Copyright © Duda Bairros/Vicar

Looks pretty darn sweet to me... like a kewler, sleeker version of the DTM Opel Astra of a few years back. Although the Black and Gold colours do make it look slightly tacky IMO.
Back to top Go down

---MSM Official Brazil Stock (Copa NEXTEL Stockcar) '08 Thread---
Page 1 of 1