Motorsportmania
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Site Navigation
 Home
 FAQ
 Member List
 Edit User Profile
 Check Messages
 Join ChatBox (New Window)
 Log Out
Forum Navigation
 Home
 Announcements
 General Discussion
 Motorsport Discussion
 Problems/Bugs/Failures
Latest topics
» Xilisoft IPhone Magic Platinum V5.3.1.20120606 Multilanguage
F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 am

» Fiorella Mannoia-Io Che Amo Solo Te Mp3
F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 am

» God Of War Olympus Movie 2010 DVDRip
F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season I_icon_minitimeby  Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:07 am

F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soundwave
Admin
Admin
soundwave

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-11-21

F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season Empty
PostSubject: F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season   F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 5:19 pm

Yup, that's right... it's a random discussion thread.

Here you can post any news article from the world of F1 and discuss the little things that don't necessarily need a new thread! Any wee bits of news that the moderators or I deem unecessary for a new thread will automatically be moved into this thread. So make sure all new topics in the F1 sub-forum will generate a lot of interest!

To start things of in here, I found this bit of news:

F1-Live.com wrote:
Teams consider new qualifying format
One lap wonders in suggested knock-out formula

A proposal for a new qualifying format for 2009 could be tabled at the forthcoming meeting of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council.

According to widespread media sources, the new system - featuring a new session format, as well as possible prize-money and a point for pole position - is championed by the alliance of F1 teams, FOTA.

They have committed to discussing the proposal in more detail at a meeting early next month.

The website of the Spanish newspaper Marca reveals that, under the new system, all 20 cars would enter the circuit with low levels of fuel for a 14-lap sprint, with the slowest car eliminated after each lap.

During a short break, the surviving six cars will then return to the pits for new tyres and fuel and then compete for pole position and a world championship point.

If agreed by FOTA, the proposal would then require ratification by the World Motor Sport Council.
Sounds ok to me, especially the part about rewarding pole position with a championship point. That'll give those young guns a little more motivation (as if they needed any more). That seems to be the 'buzz' word in F1 at the moment... 'motivation'.

Bernie used it all the time to try and sell his 'olypmic medal' idea. What a prat...
Back to top Go down

F1 Random Discussion Thread '08 Season
Page 1 of 1